Who ever it was that thought "balance" was the thing to strive for in life must have been an acrobatic tight rope walker. Then I could understand the reference. But for 99.99993% of the population (in my scientific estimates - ahahaha, you should be laughing at that), balance is not only unrealistic, but impossible and actually stressful.Read More
Thank you, Britney, for today's blogtastic title :)
ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!! You'd think after 10 years I'd have it figured it out by now. Guess it's a lesson I didn't quite learn until now....
That lesson: keeping my health well, healthy while I do meaningful work.Read More
Oh Monday. How you are a harbinger of all things new and fresh. I am coming off my birthday weekend, and what a fantabulous weekend it was! A girls weekend getaway to the ADK's (the adirondacks) infused with the most delicious food, heart-and-soul conversations, many MANY hours spent in the hot tub, toe nails painted and fortunes read (see a few pics below... well, as soon as I can get the off my phone they'll be there). But I have to say one of the best parts was waking up on Sunday morning and having a Breath of Joy exercise turn into a dance party. This sequence reminded me of two things:Read More
Ok, get ready for the feels. As I sit updating my website, researching landing pages and new email list manager, I was finding my posture was a bit, well, slumpy. It's a gray day outside, a little drizzly, and while I love giggling at my dog who is snoring on the couch, this girl needed a little boost. Perhaps you did too? Who knows, either way, this song works. Sunny day, gray day, hectic day, driving with the windows down and the music up kinda day, still works. Mic check, one, two, one two.Read More
Alright, many of you have heard me yak on and on about this neato-bandito DNA testing I did over the summer... I spit into a tube (it's amazing how much spit I produce!), sent it off into this pre-paid package and 23andMe sends me back my results. I wasn't so interested in the ancestry part (although finding out I have a teensy amount of Mongolian/Yakut was a fun surprise to this Italian/German chick) but I wanted the wellness side of it.Read More
Ooooooooooyeaaahhhh, that's right. Baby Gurl has been working on some new material for quite some time now and it's ready to be announced!!
Since January I've been collaborating with an old colleague of mine, Jesse Ball, on creating an entrepreneurship class. We're both a little nutty about being in business for yourself but also equally nutty about being in the business of youfirst, then using that knowledge to form a business that builds fans and loyalty instead of transactional consumers.Read More
I'm not alone in this, am I? That ever nagging feeling that I'm not living my life purpose. The questioning... is this my life purpose? And what about those lovely moments where I NAILED IT! YES! I FINALLY FOUND IT!!!!! Only for the cycle to repeat again (sound the sad trombones - wah waaaaah).Read More
I just heard this word in a program that was playing in the background as I was cleaning, but dang, it stuck! And put a little sly smile on my face at the same time... I had to know what this shabooyah business was all about! And now that I know, I must share it!Read More
There's a funny thing that happens as an entrepreneur. There are so many ideas, so many inspirations, the question "what if...??!" rolls off the tongue like melted butter (or gets spit out like hot tea). But what that equates to is the realization that 98% of those ideas never come to fruition (and most probably weren't meant to anyway so don't beat yourself up about it). And the remaining 2%? The small but sweet 2% that actually flourishes into existence via blood, sweat, and many many MANY tears? At some point, through all it's successes, the actualized idea must come to an end, die it's very necessary death.Read More
The first of the FMF's are here!!!! Yes, folks, every Friday I'll be sharing a bit of sunshine with you in the form in new and interesting info. Totes magoates, right? So here's is the first, albeit experimental, edition...Read More